Wednesday 21 February 2018

Kendal Winter League Longsleddale #CountryKids

After the almost vertical racing last week at Barbondale this week the league was a more traditional fell race in Longsleddale Valley from Docker Nook farm.



Conditions were muddy and slippery but at least it stayed dry this week. The start enabled a mad dash at the start as captured by another spectator:


I had wandered up the track trying to find good positions to film:



For the under 13 race I settled on a spot just below their turn with a little beck, bog and wall to cross over. Luckily I had taken plenty of supplies:


My son tried out the chest cam for this race to try to capture the action. It turns out that it is better for downhill rather than uphill filming due to the angle! Between us here is the first race:


For the under 15 race I moved further up the hill to the gate which turned out to be a close call for accidents. My son filmed the starts and finishes at the bottom:



The under 17 race was longer and tougher and I moved up to the U15 turn to capture them as they swung up for the last climb. Again my son was at the start/finish:



Finally the seniors had their run which would be a gruelling race with snow, bog and hills. My son captured the start whilst I recorded the seniors as they went up and back. I think for next year I will find a more interesting spot to film:



I can definitely see that my filming and editing skills are improving as the season goes on. Next week its the water jump at Sedbergh which should make for some interesting filming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message